Ethan was found on October 20, 2008. They estimated him at being 2 days old. He weighed 5 lbs 7 oz and was 19 inches long. The referral information that we have was done in March 2009. At 5 months old, he was 11 lbs and 20 in long.
He has an unrepaired cleft lip and unrepaired cleft palate (stage III). We are not sure if his cleft lip will be repaired before we arrive in China. If not, then that is okay. We plan to take him to All Childrens to look after the cleft issues.
He is currently in the Zhangzhou City Social Welfare Institute in the Fujian Province. I'm currently doing some looking on the area. We have not been to this province before so we're looking forward to going to another part of China. Here is a map of where his province is. (shaded in green).

I'm looking forward to finding out where we will be staying, and what there is to do in this province. This is going to be an exciting adventure. :-)
Until next time......
Oh my goodness, friend--there are no words to describe how THRILLED I am for you. You have a BABY :) And a boy! That must seem so surreal to you. I can hardly wait to see him in your arms.
ReplyDeleteAny idea when you will travel?
Hope you're shopping for BLUE :)
Rejoicing in CO.
Adeye
Congratulations on your son! I wanted to say hello and let you know I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about Fujian/Zhangzhou. Our daughter is from the same SWI and also had a unrepaired clcp 3 degree. We also used AWAA. What an exciting time! Praying you will have your precious baby boy in your arms very soon.
ReplyDelete