We are officially at day 70 from our Log In Date. 10 weeks since our paperwork was logged into China. Wow! I can't believe it's been 10 weeks. It has gone by fast.
So, on the rumor sites, the average wait for the referral acceptance is 70-90 days. So, if the rumors stand, we could be getting a call within the next 3 weeks. This call is to tell us that China is agreeing that Ethan can be our son. As soon as we get this call, I can put his photos everywhere! I can't wait. I'm sitting here staring at his precious passport photo and I want to share it with everyone. He's got the biggest smile. It's so precious.
Once we get the RA call, then it's more paperwork to send off and then more waiting. The average wait from the RA call to our TA (travel approval) is 7-10 weeks! Eek! I hope and pray it's not 10 weeks. I hope and pray it's less than 7. After TA, we are on a plane hopefully within a week or two.
So, with all the estimates, I'm starting to feel that January might be a more realistic month to hope for travel. Of course Dec is not completely out. You never know.
So that is our update. Ethan turns 11 months old tomorrow. I do have an email in to our agency about our homestudy. I'm hearing that USCIS wants it to state the specific special need of the child in our homestudy. Ours does not. So we're waiting to see if the rumors I've heard are true or not. If they are, then we have to correct the homestudy. No biggie, just more money unfortunately.
Keep checking the blog. I hope to have a big RA announcement soon.
Until next time......
Roulette Tricks Uk
2 years ago
Oh goodness, my friend. The waiting is just awful. How I wish they would make the whole process easier :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on making it to day 70. I know how much patience that has taken! We're hanging in there together! We are day 73. Our original I-800 A was for a female infant between the ages of 4 months and 2 yrs with no known medical conditions so we had to have our homestudy updated and get that sent off to the USCIS to update our I-800A to reflect that. Now it shows Max's medical info, sex, and approx age. The USCIS was pretty fast about getting that done. I hope I hear good news from you SOON!!! Wouldn't that be great if we got to meet in China? Hope Ethan and Max are having a great day together. Max will be one this Wednesday. Still not sure what we will doing to celebrate or if I'll be happy or sad that day. Probably some of both!
ReplyDelete-Laura
Wow - is it indeed 70-90 days?? I had heard otherwise for Hague dossiers, but it was far less rumor than what you likely have... so I'm taking your word for it.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS on making it thru more than 75% of the wait!! Blessings to you for the rest of the wait... and for a speedy TA after that!! Toni and crew