Life Verse

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
Dec. 18, 2009: Ethan is 14 months old.

Monday, September 14, 2009

An Unexpected Call from China

Right now I'm on a high. I just wanted to share with you. I was helping the girls with their homework and Bill came out to me and said "I guess I missed a call from David. Listen carefully". Well we know 3 Davids. I had no idea which one he was talking about. Then I hear "Hello. It's Billy. I love You!".

The call came from David Bolt with Bring Me Hope. They are still in China, but now they are running a "ranch" for older orphans. And Billy is there! This completely shocked us. (For those you don't know or remember, Billy was the boy we were trying to adopt. He is 13 years old).

One of the purposes of the Ranch is to love on the older kids and to teach them English. I had just assumed they would have kids from around the area where they are at. It never occurred to me that Billy could even go.

Of course we have emailed David & Nicole who are there. We have a lot of questions: How long is Billy there, can we send him anything, does he know that we were trying to adopt him and now we can't etc. I hope we do not miss the next call. I do not know how good the internet is there where they are. Maybe we can even Skype with them.

God is Good! He is looking after Billy! He went to camp when we did not know if he would be able to go, and now he is at the Ranch. He is not in the orphanage. He is with David, who he bonded with last summer. God is so Good!

Please continue to pray for Billy! I truly believe he has been protected because of us asking for prayer over him.

We heard this summer that SIAS University (where the Bring Me Hope camp has been held the last 2 years) has offered to pay the tuition for any orphan who wishes to go to school there. This again was an answer to prayer. Billy "ages out" in July. When a child turns 14 in China, they have to leave the orphanage. Now, if Billy does not find a forever family, he could possibly have the opportunity to go to the university for FREE! Again, God Is Good!

Thank you for letting me share with you. Bill & I are just very excited right now. This was something very unexpected.

Thank you for your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my friend--I have chills all over!!! What an amazing gift from the Lord today. Isn't He just amazing?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good!! So excited that he got to go to the ranch! Scott and I talked and prayed about going to work at the ranch but we just oculdn't get things worked out. God may still be sending us to China to work....not sure yet!!! Keep us posted on Billy!
    God Bless
    Tina from Ohio

    ReplyDelete