Life Verse

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
Dec. 18, 2009: Ethan is 14 months old.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Bittersweet

I heard Billy's voice. What a precious sound! David with Bring Me Hope sent us an audio file of the phone call from the Night Walk. I was so thankful for this. We listened the other night. I hear Katie (in China) say "Oh wait, Billy is taking a picture". Then a few minutes later she yells out "Hey Billy, come say Hi to America!" Then she calls him again and said "Billy come say Hi to America, Maybe to Bill." Well that got me right there. Then I hear Katie tell him to say Hi and he says "Hi". Then she says "Tell them your name" and I hear "Tell them your name". Then laughing. Then she says "No, say My name is Billy" then I hear "My name is Billy". Then she tries to get him to say "Hasta La Vista Baby" and he laughs, and says in Chinese "I can't say that" and he runs away.

I also saw 2 photos on Katie's Facebook and Billy was in them. He had the biggest smile in both photos. It was good to see him happy.

The phone call was great! I loved hearing his voice. But it made me so sad. I still feel like he's part of our family. He will always be in one way or another. I just wish he could have come home to us. I'm still praying and searching for a family for him. Please help me. It's hard knowing he's there waiting.

And then I think of ALL the kids in China waiting. I wish we could bring more home. I wish we had the money & space needed to bring home a few of the older kids. My heart just aches for them right now. I want to do something. I want to help them. I just don't know exactly how right now.

So I pray. I hope. I dream. We'll see where God places me.

Until next time.....

1 comment:

  1. Oh my friend, I can totally understand how painful that must have been for you--almost like your heart was being ripped right out of your chest, hey?
    I'm with you--BURDENED! I wish there was something more that I could do. I long to see more families adopt a child.

    ReplyDelete