Life Verse

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
Dec. 18, 2009: Ethan is 14 months old.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

On it's way to Tallahassee

Finally, our notarized copy of our I-797C, Homestudy and updated application letter to China are on their way to Tallahassee for certification. Once they certify the notaries signatures, then we'll be able to send it all off to Chinese Consulate in Houston so they can Authenticate the paperwork. THEN, it's off to our agency where they will review our whole dossier. AND THEN......TO CHINA!

As you can see by our timeline, we have not been at this for too long. It feels like forever because we started talking about adopting again once Bill got home from China in August. But we did not officially start collecting the paperwork until January. 5 months ago. A typical dossier takes 6 months to complete.

I'm so thankful that USCIS worked fast this time. I was afraid of the wait. But they worked fast and now we just need to get the final paperwork certified & authenticated and then the paperwork will be on it's way.

I'm very anxious about our referral. I know now how fast it can happen. I've been praying for our new son. I'm excited at the thought. I'm ready to plan for his arrival. But we have to wait. We need to know how old he is and how big he is etc. Will he be young enough for a crib, or old enough for a toddler bed? Will he need bottles & bibs, or sippy cups & big boy stuff. I can not wait to know who he is.

I'm also still very sad over Billy. I wish there was a way to bring him home. I'm praying for his future family. I'm praying that Billy will be loved. I'm praying a family will love him as much as we love him. I pray that one day I will be able to meet this sweet boy. Please keep Billy in your prayers!

So hopefully in a week or so, I'll be updating this blog letting you know the paperwork is on it's way to Houston. Woo Hoo! We're almost done!

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment