Today I got the word from our adoption agency. We're approved to adopt a special needs child. Woo Hoo! We had to fill out a form, letting our agency know the gender, age and special needs of a child we would like to adopt. I was amazed at the long list of SN there are. It actually made me sad. Bill and I put down that we would like to adopt a BOY between the ages of 0-3 (but would prefer under 2) with the SN of cleft lip/palate, repaired cleft lip/unrepaired cleft palate; or mild hearing loss.
On Saturday, we got a call we were not expecting. Our agency said they had a little boy. Would we like to see his file. Well, since we did not get the SN info packet yet, we did not quite understand how this process worked. We did look at his file. He is a cutie pie. But we did not realize we needed to lock his file. Unfortunately, after we were excited, thinking he was our son, another family locked his file and they have decided to adopt him.
We were very sad about this. Everything happened so fast. We were not prepared. We did not understand how fast things can work. Now that we know he is getting a family, we are happy and a little relieved. We were not ready to accept a referral yet. We are still trying to adjust to losing Billy.
So now we wait. Wait for the call. Wait to see who our SON is. I'm excited. I've wanted a son for a very long time. Bill is getting excited too. He told me today that he is ready to start buying boy things. I told him we need to wait. :-)
We would appreciate your prayers during this time. We do not know what God's timing is in all of this. We are still waiting for our immigration approval. PLEASE pray that will come soon. It's been 11 days. It could take up to 2 months.
I'll be sure to make a big announcement once that arrives. This is the last piece of paperwork we're waiting for.
Until next time....
Roulette Tricks Uk
2 years ago
Oh my goodness, my friend. I am soooo excited to see how things unfold. I am so sorry the other little guy did not work out--but God knew he was not your child. He is holding the perfect little boy for you. He'll show you--soon!
ReplyDeleteI have such a heart of expectation for you.