Life Verse

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
Dec. 18, 2009: Ethan is 14 months old.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Not our plan, but His

I wanted to give you an update on our adoption plans.

It has been a very hard month. A month of praying, crying, talking and more crying. And the outcome of all of this is we are not able to pursue the adoption as planned. I don't want to get into details. I just want everyone to know that this decision was not an easy one. And we did not decide this over night.

Thank you for your support, friendship, prayers etc. We truly appreciate it. I hope to one day look back on all of this and see why Billy was brought into our lives. Maybe, just maybe, to get us started on our 3rd adoption.

And yes, we are going to continue on with an adoption. We discussed everything with our Family Coordinator at America World. They are very supportive and helpful. We told her we would like to still do an adoption and that Bill & I have been talking about adopting a child as young as possible, but definitely under the age of 5. We want to keep the birth order in the house. This time, I'm praying God will match us with a little boy. :-)

Thank you again for your prayers, support, friendship, encouragement etc. I truly need it right now. We do still plan to help Billy out in some way. Right now the best thing we can do is pray that he does find a forever family who will love him as much as we do. His file is scheduled to go to CCAI. If you know of anyone who would like to adopt a 13 year old boy, please let me know.

We feel confident that God took us down this road for a reason. We thought we had it all figured out. We thought He wanted us to adopt Billy. We are now seeing that is not what He had planned. We feel God in what has taken place over the last month. We know that one day we'll be able to see His hands everywhere.

I know that this news will come as a shock to many. Please do not judge us. We just hope you know that a lot of prayer and counseling went into this decision. We do love Billy. And we want what is best for him.

Thank you again.
Love,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment