I'm so new to the life of a cleft child. I have no idea what things mean. Someone will ask me something about "is it this or that?" and I answer "I don't know".
Today Bill & I drove to Tampa and met with the Cleft Team Nurse that we plan on using for Ethan's medical needs. She was super sweet! The clinic is about 40 minutes from our house. Not too far. She showed us before & after photos of children with cleft lips. The surgeries were amazing. She feels Ethan has a complete unilateral left cleft lip & palate. But of course, we won't know for sure about his palate until we get him home.
She went over how the team works. She told us what to expect for the surgeries. She calmed a lot of our fears and answered a lot of our questions.
We plan on meeting the whole team in November, when they meet again. If by a miracle we are in China, then we will meet the team in Jan.
I feel so much better having met with Heather today. I have met a few others who will be there to assist us. I have a peace over me now, knowing I have people to turn to in the medical field. And I know that I can contact them if we have questions or concerns while we are in China.
I still have a lot to learn. I hope to be prepared when we do meet Ethan. Bill is also preparing himself too. So we'll make a good team.
No news from China. We're still very early in our wait. I hope and pray we hear something by the end of September. But it could be longer. Just keep praying.
Until next time......
Roulette Tricks Uk
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment